Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brynnlee and Teagan go to Washington...and so do Mommy and Daddy and Abe :)






Lacking in necessary computer skills...it appears....the text to this post is all below the pictures and the pictures are not in chronological order. Ah....computers... and I just don't care! ;)














Well, it was around the last time I posted on the blog that I also logged off Facebook for "good" and basically fell off the face of the Earth for 9 months while we planned and executed our cross country move. : )

We have arrived. And boy have we! A few short weeks ago we moved into our new digs near Quantico and are quickly settling in. The girls had a fun summer spending time with friends their own age and friends a few generations removed. Our dear family at Christ the King church in Fallbrook spoiled us rotten with their help and love this summer as they assisted us in embarking on this ever-so exciting time of change.

Well, as the dust settles I look around and see a lot more house to clean, two kids who are growing faster than I can keep up, and nearly a million (ok, not a million) pictures that have not been downloaded from the camera nor shared with friends and family. I didn't think this was a big deal until I received a stern talking to from a few friends at an event in DC yesterday. Well, you talked, I listened and here we go. : )
Today was Brynnlee's first day at school! It was orientation so Mommy and Daddy were allowed to attend - while Teagan enjoyed some alone time with Nana at home. HOW LUCKY are we to have family close enough to babysit and play with the girls whenever possible!? I feel immensely blessed!

While I have worried myself sick over Brynnlee's acting out this Summer - I found peace in a sea of three year olds this morning! They are all crazy! Brynnlee is totally normal! And in fact, she was the most together 3 year old I watched this morning!!! Granted...I might be a little biased, but I am quite hard on her - so you can imagine I was watching carefully! :) She asked other children if she could "please use (fill in toy of choice)" and when they walked away or said "NO!" she looked at me with raised eyebrows as if to ask "what NOW, Mom?!" I assured her that she was doing the right thing and they would come around at some point. She smiled each time and moved on to something else - keeping an eye on said item until it was set down. I couldn't be more proud! She was so sweet! When asked if she liked her teacher she responded "NO, she was really really bad.....hahahahahaha" and laughed herself silly like she had made a fabulous joke. :)

It appears that Teagan and Nana had a great time together b/c when we arrived home Nana had gotten her to sleep - so she must have been worn out! (maybe both worn out) :)

Teagan's vocabulary has been slowly growing to include favorite phrases like "giddy up" "me up" when she wants to be picked up and various food items she likes to yell for..."geen beans", "bewwies" etc....imagine her disappointed little face the other day when she put tomato in her mouth only to realize it was NOT watermelon! Sweet baby....she is so loving and cuddles more than any child I have met. She kisses a lot and likes to rub my back or run her fingers through my hair when I hold her. She is a dear little thing. ;)

I will try and upload a few current pictures and promise - PROMISE - to do better with this blog!

Our love to all,

Jennie and my posse ;)
ps
Next week we get a visit from Papa and Grammy (Eric's folks) and together we will celebrate B's THIRD birthday with Nana and Grandpa, Uncle Charlie, Aunt Quinn, Quinn's mom and baby John Clarke! We are so very lucky!

No comments: